The UNC Board of Governors approved the Diversity and Inclusion policy at its September meeting. I’ve attached the approved language. The official policy transmittal will be sent out in the next few days. Thank you again for your contributions and insights throughout the policy development process. This was very much a collaborative effort, and I look forward to working with you as we launch the new policy.
- The UNC System Office will send a request to the chancellors to identify their designated Diversity & Inclusion Officers, who will also serve as part of the system-wide D&I Council.
- I have scheduled an in-person meeting for the D&I Council:
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Center for School Leadership Development (CLSD) Board Room
- 140 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- I have also scheduled a kickoff call for the D&I Council:
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- 701-801-1230 x 161570
- Agenda items for both meetings will be sent later in a separate communication.
Thanks again for your work on this. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions in the meantime.
Sent from Chris Chiron