Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Equal opportunity and a commitment to an inclusive and diverse community are vital to the achievement of the University’s missions in teaching, research, and public service. The links below provide System-wide and institutional resources in these critical areas.
View a list of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion contacts and websites at each of our constituent institutions.
- Policy on Equality of Opportunity in the University (see Section 103)
- SHRA Equal Opportunity policies:
- Policy on Diversity and Inclusion in the University (under development as of March 2019)
- Regulation on Diversity and Inclusion in the University (under development as of March 2019)
Reports and Studies
- University of North Carolina Equal Opportunity and Diversity and Inclusion Study
- Committee on Personnel and Tenure Subcommittee on Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Report of Findings and Recommendations to the Board of Governors
- Diversity and Inclusion: Initial Review of Evidence from Research and the Private Sector
For equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion information for the UNC System Office, contact Chris Chiron, Associate Vice President for Employee Relations and Equal Opportunity Officer.