Dear UNC System QM Reviewers,
I hope that each of you and your loved ones are all doing well!
Now that the fall semester is in full swing for our campuses, one of our System schools has a special request. As part of Fayetteville State University’s commitment to returning to high-quality online and hybrid instruction, their provost has secured funding and requested that the range of courses being offered online this fall undergo an unofficial/”internal” QM review. As such, FSU’s QM Coordinator, Dr. Bonnie Grohe, has requested the support of the UNC System QM Certified Master Reviewers and Peer Reviewers to internally review approximately 150 courses. FSU’s expectations for these reviews are as follows:
- Initiative duration: Mid September 2020 – Mid January 2021
- Course Review “Team”: 1 QM Certified Master Reviewer or Peer Reviewer per course
- Online courses must incorporate all essential Specific Review Standards and earn a minimum score of 85/100 points to meet internal review expectations
- QM Reviewers will provide 2 hours of direct consultation with faculty per course to support course enhancements/modifications
- Stipend: $500 per course reviewed and supported
- Reviewer Interest Form: https://forms.gle/9QcppwCB7E9WDqJJA
If you are interested in participating in this initiative, please complete the Call for Quality Matters (QM) Reviewers form listed above by Friday, September 4, 2020 at 5:00pm. Note that every reviewer helps, and there is no minimum to the number of courses you can review to assist FSU with this cause. An in-depth onboarding session will be provided within the next two weeks on a date to be determined for all individuals who respond to the interest form.
Thank you in advance for your consideration of this time-sensitive request. We truly appreciate all that you do for your campuses and all of our colleagues and students throughout the UNC System!
Racheal, Enoch, and Bonnie