System Office Systems and Technology Resources
System Office employees use a variety of technology to accomplish their daily tasks. System Office staff typically have two separate online IDs: the System Office ID and an Onyen from UNC-Chapel Hill. The System Office ID is used for logins to MyApps and other local resources. The UNC Onyen is used to log in to ConnectCarolina, TIM and other systems that the System Office shares with UNC-Chapel Hill.
To update the password for your System Office ID on Windows:
- When connected to the network in the Spangler, CSLD, CIU, or SAA buildings, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete while logged into Windows and select “Change Password”. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When working remotely or from home, log in to https://email.northcarolina.edu interface and change your password via the Options button in the upper-right hand corner.
To update the password for your System Office ID on a Mac:
- When connected to the network in the Spangler, CSLD, CIU, or SAA buildings, choose “System Preferences” from the Apple menu; then select “Users and Accounts.” Select the user whose password you want to change and click the Change Password button. You must be connected to the network to update your password.
To update the password for your Onyen:
- Log in to the UNC-Chapel Hill Onyen Services website and click on Change or Reset Password.
Important system links:
- MyApps: Use your System Office ID to access the MyApps page, which contains links to many online resources available to UNC System Office staff, including GoogleDrive, MyCloud, ShareFile, and Qualtrics.
- TIM: Use your Onyen login to access the Time Information Management (TIM) system and enter your hours worked and leave taken, as appropriate.
- ConnectCarolina: Use your Onyen to access ConnectCarolina for your paystub and W-2 information, and to register for training programs offered through UNC-Chapel Hill.
- UNC System Office Help Desk: IT assistance.
- UNC System Office Listserv Management: Subscribe, unsubscribe, or change listserv preferences.
- System Office IT Policies