Working at the UNC System Office
Working at the UNC System Office means you’re part of the team that supports our 17 constituent institutions, their nearly 225,000 students and 46,000 faculty and staff. This section includes information that’s specific to System Office employment. If you need more information on any topic, please email SystemHR@northcarolina.edu.
Policies and Forms
System Office-specific policies and procedures include:
- Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Policy
- UNC System Office Workplace Violence Policy
- UNC System Office HR Investigation Procedures
- Family and Medical Leave Policy
- Family and Medical Leave Policy - Military Caregiver/Qualifying Exigency Leave
- Flexible Work Arrangements Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Lactation Support Policy
- Required Training Policy
- MyApps: Use your System Office ID to access the MyApps page, which contains links to many online resources available to UNC System Office staff, including GoogleDrive, MyCloud, and Qualtrics.
- TIM: Use your Onyen login to access the Time Information Management (TIM) system and enter your hours worked and leave taken, as appropriate.
- ConnectCarolina: Use your Onyen to access ConnectCarolina for your paystub and W-2 information, and to register for training programs offered through UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Onyen Services: Update your Onyen password.
- UNC System Office Help Desk: IT assistance and knowledge base.
- UNC System Office Listserv Management: Subscribe, unsubscribe, or change listserv preferences.
Paychecks and Payroll Calendars
- For SHRA non-exempt (overtime eligible) employees: Enter their time worked on a daily basis and update any leave usage on a weekly basis.
- For SHRA exempt employees: Enter only their leave usage on a biweekly basis.
EHRA employees are paid on a monthly basis (last workday of the month) and need to enter their leave usage into TIM by the last day of the month.
To update your payroll information, log onto ConnectCarolina using the Faculty, Staff and Affiliates portal. You will need your UNC Onyen to log in.
System Office Administrative Contacts
Employee Personal Data
For more information, please follow these instructions: Connect Carolina Personal Information Updates.
Text Alert System
State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC)
Last year, our campaign had 61 donors who gave $16,587. Thank you to all who donated and we hope you all will make the decision to donate again this year! This year’s goals are to have at least 67 donors donate at least $18,246!