I’ve attached our revised and final Jan-Mar 2021 COVID work/leave provisions. Key changes from the December 2020 provisions are below. Text underlined was noted in today’s HR Council call as changes from the draft shared earlier this week.
- Removal of FFCRA provisions.
- Events that would have been covered by FFRCA are eligible for inclusion in the COVID-19 Leave Bank.
- Interchangeability of accrued leave continues but is limited to COVID-19 related absences (child/elder care, cannot telework, etc.). This may include flexible use of vacation hours that will lapse into sick leave December 31 if the vacation hours couldn’t be used due to COVID-related reasons (for example, vacation travel canceled due to COVID or employee having to work due to COVID and canceling other vacation plans).
- COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave is available if an employee is subject to a quarantine or isolation order, has been advised to self-quarantine, or has had exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and is awaiting a diagnosis. This leave is up to 80 hours (cumulative for these reasons from March 2020 to March 2021) and can be used before an employee uses personal leave. Once this 80 hours is exhausted and the employee’s personal leave is exhausted, then up to another 80 hours of paid administrative leave can be provided for these absences.
- Community Service Leave (CSL) for tutoring and mentoring continues to allow for a broader use of the 36 hours of tutoring/mentoring leave.
- An additional 80 hours of CSL has been provided (effective Jan 1) for volunteering with not-for-profit organizations on COVID-19 related service projects. (Any remainder of the 80 hours of CSL that was provided for this same purpose in 2020 was forfeited as of Dec. 31).
Please let me know if you have any questions.