Income Protection Benefits
The University provides several programs that can help protect your income streams in case of disability or death.
Disability Income Plan of North Carolina
Short- and Long-Term Disability Benefits
Supplemental Disability Programs
For ORP Participants
- About the Plan
- Calculate The Standard Monthly Disability Premium
- Income Protection Booklet
- Disability Rate Sheet
- Enrollment and Change Form
- Medical History Statement
- Certificate of Insurance
- Certificate Amendment Effective July 1, 2020
- Notice of Plan Change effective July 1, 2020
- Long-Term Disability FAQ for Employees
- Long-Term Disability FAQ for Benefit Administrators
- Request for LTD Conversion Materials
For TSERS Members
UNC System Group Term Life Insurance
The UNC System has partnered with Securian Financial to provide a consolidated life insurance plan that offers coverage for employees, spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children. The links below include important information about what’s available to you. Learn more about the coverage options available to you, special plan features and services and costs for coverage. You can also calculate your estimated monthly premium payment, which will be conveniently deducted from your paycheck.
All UNC institutions will have an open enrollment period beginning Feb. 14, 2022. At that time, all employees will be given an opportunity to enroll, increase their coverage, or make other changes if already enrolled.Enroll here.