A premier academic & scholarship opportunity for exceptionally motivated students
The Elon Teaching Fellows Program prepares students to become influential decision-makers in education on local, state, national and international levels.
The Teaching Fellows program at Elon enriches our already outstanding teacher education program by providing a developmental, structured 4-year curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular student experience. From their first day on campus, Teaching Fellows participate in activities that support their holistic development as educators who will be leaders inside and outside of the classroom. The Elon Teaching Fellows program includes multiple transformative experiences that we have developed over the course of our 30+ years of continuous operation, including a semester abroad in New Zealand, and two winter term educational travel experiences.
- Biology with Teacher Licensure (Secondary)
- Comprehensive Science Education (Secondary biology, chemistry, environmental science or physics concentrations)
- Mathematics with Teacher Licensure (Secondary)
- Middle Grades Education (6-9 specializations in Mathematics or Science)
- Special Education (K-12) & Elementary Education (K-6)
- Special Education (K-12) & Middle Grades Education (6-9 specializations in English, Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science)
- Secondary Education majors (9-12 specializations in English, History, Mathematics, or Science) with Special Education licensure-only add on.