Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award
The Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award was established in 2010 by the UNC Staff Assembly to recognize staff employees whose accomplishments are consistent with the goals of the University and the University’s public service mission.
All university employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving colleague for this award.
SUBMISSION PERIOD October 3, 2022 – November 11, 2022
- Provide a statement that highlights the candidate’s accomplishments and describes how the candidate contributes to the overall welfare of their university organization and their surrounding community.
- Answer open-ended questions to provide evidence the candidate meets the selection criteria
- You may also provide additional letters or documents of support from peers, supervisor, students, campus administration, local media or community members, and/or representatives from local businesses/organizations.
- All nominations are shared with the nominee upon submission.
- Must be a permanent staff member (SHRA or EHRA non-faculty) of any of the 17 UNC constituent institutions, the UNC System Office, or a recognized University affiliate
- Exemplifies excellence in their professional interactions and customer service within their university employment
- Provides extraordinary service to their campus and UNC system outside their job description
- Provides exemplary service to their surrounding community
WHAT RECIPIENTS RECEIVE
- A memento,
- An award of $1000,
- A reception with the Staff Assembly and UNC leadership, and
- A short video about their service produced by UNC-TV
Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award 2021
2021 Erskine Bowles Award Recipient
Tyna Michelle Gordon, North Carolina Central University
Faces of NCCU: Michelle Gordon, School of Law Library Technician Assistant
Governor Award of Excellence in Customer Service
Previous Award Recipients
|2020||Dr. Veronica Cateté||North Carolina State University|
|2019||Chris Wallace||UNC-Chapel Hill|
|2018||Jeff McQueen||UNC-Chapel Hill’s School of Medicine|
|2017||Dr. Robert Canida||UNC Pembroke|
|2016||Joe Rick||UNC School of the Arts|
|2015||James Griffin||NC A&T State University|
|2014||Billy Edringston||NC A&T State University|
|2013||Rudy Anderson||Winston-Salem State University|
|2012||Edwin H. Martinat III||UNC School of the Arts|
|2011||Julie Heinitsh||UNC Asheville|
|2010||Adam Reagan||UNC Asheville|