Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award
The Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award was established in 2010 by the UNC Staff Assembly to recognize staff employees whose accomplishments are consistent with the goals of the University and the University’s public service mission.
All university employees are encouraged to nominate a deserving colleague for this award.
- NEXT SUBMISSION PERIOD WILL OCCUR IN 2020.
- Provide a statement that highlights the candidate’s accomplishments and describes how the candidate contributes to the overall welfare of their university organization and their surrounding community
- You may also provide up to three additional letters of support from peers, supervisor, students, campus administration, local community members, and/or representatives from local businesses/organizations
- NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED! —- DUE DATE WAS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2019!
- Must be a permanent staff member (SHRA or EHRA non-faculty) of any of the 17 UNC constituent institutions, the UNC System Office, or a recognized University affiliate
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service within their university employment
- Provide extraordinary service to their surrounding community
- Display generosity in their contributions of time, energy, and spirit to campus and community events
WHAT RECIPIENTS RECEIVE
- A memento,
- An award of $1000,
- A reception with the Staff Assembly and UNC leadership, and
- A short video about their service produced by UNC-TV
Erskine B. Bowles Staff Service Award 2019
2019 Erskine Bowles Award Recipient
Recipient, Chris Wallace
Mr. Christopher Wallace exemplifies excellence of Carolina. He leads the Communiversity Youth Program, which is a program that connects local elementary and middle scholars with college students. We guide the scholars through enriching activities such as, cooking and dancing, while also completing basic task to assist them at school. Ultimately we are role models to the scholars and motivate them to do their best in school. Chris plays an instrumental role in creating this environment through leading by example. His energy goes unmatched and is contagious to everyone in the program. He also is an incredibly gifted orator. There have been many days where myself or scholars did not want to be there but Chris pushed us to make the most of the day and be “the best version of ourselves”. Chris’s dedication is remarkable and I aspire to be like him every day.
Previous Award Recipients
|2018||Jeff McQueen||UNC-Chapel Hill’s School of Medicine|
|2017||Dr. Robert Canida||UNC Pembroke|
|2016||Joe Rick||UNC School of the Arts|
|2015||James Griffin||NC A&T State University|
|2014||Billy Edringston||NC A&T State University|
|2013||Rudy Anderson||Winston-Salem State Univeristy|
|2012||Edwin H. Martinat III||UNC School of the Arts|
|2011||Julie Heinitsh||UNC Asheville|
|2010||Adam Reagan||UNC Asheville|