Staff Assembly Nominations 2019 – Special Elections
Please read the following information carefully. As you all know our recently elected Chair-Elect, Dr. Carlitta Moore is leaving the UNC System thus the Staff Assembly will hold a special election for a new Chair-Elect at the July meeting in Boone, NC. This Chair-elect will step into the chair role as planned at the Fall Staff Assembly meeting in November. The Chair-Elect will assume the position of Chair upon the election of the other officers. Our Nominations & Elections Procedure state that this should take place no less than 60 days prior to the election. Therefore the nominations committee is soliciting nominations for the role of Chair-elect at this time.
Positions Open for Nominations
A Chair-Elect will be elected in the second year of the term of the Chair and shall have duties as designated by the Chair. The Chair-Elect shall serve as the liaison to the scholarship fund when there is no Past Chair and all standing committees except the Campus Chairs, Communications and Governance Committees.
Length of Term
All officers serve two years from the date of election or until their successors are elected.
- Active member of the Assembly at the time of election to Chair-Elect.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through the record of responsible service to the Staff Assembly.
- Knowledgeable about the programs and activities of the Staff Assembly.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- Fair, reasonable and impartial.
- Ability to be a good facilitator.
- Committed to serving the common interests of the Staff Assembly.
- Flexibility in scheduling and traveling.
- Ability to maintain day to day operation of principal job functions while functioning in the capacity of the chair.
- Good working relationship with management in his or her department and flexibility in job responsibilities.
General Description: The Chair Elect’s specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will assist the current Chair with all Assembly matters.
- If the Chair is unable to complete the term for any reason, the Chair-Elect will assume the duties of the Chair.
- Carries out special assignments as requested by the Chair
- Understands the Chair’s responsibilities and performs these duties in his/her absence
- Attends all Staff Assembly meetings
- Participates as a vital part of the Executive Committee leadership
- Chair-Elect succeeds the Chair in office
Estimated Time Commitment Required:
- Monthly meetings: Executive Committee: 2 hours/month
- Governance Committee/Legislative priorities Committee: 1 hour/month
- Chairs’ Committee: 2 hours/month
- Other Committees of the Staff Assembly: 4 hours/month
- Special call meetings: 1 hour as needed
- Executive Committee Meetings as needed.
- Staff Assembly Meetings: a minimum of three in-person per year.
- Faculty Assembly/Staff Assembly Retreat: 2 days with travel
- Other committee meetings as defined by the Chair.
|Jason Foster||Katie Howard||Velappan Velappan|
|Delegate-At-Large, Nominations Committee Chair||Delegate||Delegate-At-Large|
Are you interested in nominating yourself or someone else for a Staff Assembly leader position? Please complete the form below. You may nominate more than one delegate for each position.
How to Get Help
For questions about the nominating process, contact Jason Foster at email@example.com.
For technical issues, contact Tarina Whitfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-750-8926.