2019 UNC SYSTEM FINANCE CONFERENCE
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register? Registration is online for attendees and sponsors.
How do I register for Sessions? Registration for sessions is online. Login to the SCHED Application.
How do I modify my session schedule? Login to the SCHED Application.
How can I print my selected sessions schedule? Login to the SCHED Application.
What is the conference cancellation/refund policy? If a registrant is unable to attend the conference, one may substitute someone else from the same institution. A written change request must be submitted to Conference registration contact person no later than February 27, 2019 If a registrant is unable to attend and cannot transfer it to another person from the same institution, a written cancellation request must be submitted to Conference registration contact person. If a registration is cancelled on or before February 27, 2019 registration fee will be refunded. If you need any further assistance with cancellation/refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if I register and do not let the host school know I am not attending and have not paid? If the registration is not cancelled before the cancel date (usually the payment due date unless otherwise indicated) your university will be billed your registration fee.
Will I receive Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours? If so, how do I receive my CPE certificate? Max CPE hours: 12 You may claim up to 12 hours of CPE credits for this conference. The number of credits will vary depending on the sessions you attend. To obtain your CPE credits, please make sure to sign-in to the attendance log that is provided at each CPE eligible session. Be sure to get your CPE form stamped upon leaving the room. Be sure to get the CPE form signed at the end of the conference at the Registration desk. It is not valid without an ECU Host signature. Participants who attend the full conference will receive 12 CPE credits. A certificate will be provided to you during the conference. *Please note: you will not receive CPE for unconference sessions.
Can I bring a guest to any of the social events? Guests are registered with attendees registration. $60.00 charge per guest allows a guest to attend Wednesday night Welcome Reception & Entertainment and Thursday night Game Night event. Payments should be received no later than March 1, 2019. Guests may NOT attend sessions, breakfast or Luncheon. For any other questions, please contact MAYORO@ECU.EDU or BESTGW@ECU.EDU
Can registration be shared between two attendees? No. Attendees may not share registration. An attendee must be individually registered for the conference regardless of how many sessions or days they plan on attending.
Can I get the session materials in advance? Materials available ahead of time will be on the SCHED App.
Do I need to print the session materials prior to arriving, or will the materials be provided at the conference? As received Session Materials will be posted on the website. Not all sessions will have printed material. You may refer to materials online or print prior to the session. Materials available ahead of time will be on the SCHED App.
What should I wear? Dress is business casual during session hours. For the welcome reception and hospitality room events, attendees may elect to wear more casual attire.
Whom should I contact if I have a question?
- Registration questions: Monique Best – BESTGW@ECU.EDU – 252-328-1839 or Robin Mayo –MAYORO@ECU.EDU – 252-737-4729
- Vendor Information or Questions: Stephanie Stroud – WEBERS@ECU.EDU – 252-737-4709
- Hotel Registration Questions: Monique Best – BESTGW@ECU.EDU – 252-328-1839 or Stephanie Stroud – WEBERS@ECU.EDU – 252-737-4709
What is SCHED APP? SCHED is an application that can be run on a computer or on a mobile device. Below is UNC Conference information for using the SCHED APP.
- All the Conference Sessions are online in our SCHED APP.
- SCHED is available for you to download to your mobile device
- SCHED is available online https://uncsystemfinance.sched.com/grid/
- SCHED has all the session information & presenter information
- SCHED will let you see who else is signed up for a session along with their contact information (optional)
- Registration for sessions is done through the SCHED App
- As you know registration is critical for the host team to assure enough space in rooms.
- Open the App store and search for SCHED
- Install the app
- Create an account with SCHED
- Search for the 2019 UNC SYSTEM FINANCE CONFERENCE
- Once installed SIGN-UP and LOG IN
SCHED VIEW ONLINE:
- Navigate to https://uncsystemfinance.sched.com/grid/
- Create an account in the upper right hand corner.
- SIGN-UP and/or LOG IN
How is this conference organized? The conference is governed by a board of directors. Each NC University is represented on the Board with one Finance person and one Systems/Technical person. A Planning Committee is organized each year according to the By-Laws. See the Board webpage for a list of board members and to find a copy of the By-Laws.
What are session facilitators? Facilitators are usually Conference Board members who are attending a session:
- To introduce the Speaker Name/Session name
- Shut the door at the start of the session
- Remind people to sign in if they are attending for CPE credits
- Remind people to sign out if they are attending for CPE credits
- Stamp the CPE form as the attendee is leaving the session
What are round table moderators? Roundtable moderators are responsible for organizing topics of interest for discussion. A list of attendees for the Roundtable will be emailed to the moderators prior to the conference. It is recommended that the moderators do the following:
- Email the attendee list and ask for topics of interest.
- Use these topics to plan the time during your session
- Create an Agenda. It will help keep items on topic
- Assure during the roundtable that the discussion doesn’t get too much off topic
- Try to cover each topic submitted for discussion
- Attendees get CPE credit for the roundtable discussion. Roundtable needs to be at least 50 minutes long.
- If discussions take more time than available – remind the group that they can sign up for Unconference session to continue the discussion
- Keep side conversations to a minimum
What schools have hosted the conference? First planning meeting: UNC-GA August 19, 1986 (Jeff Davies, Discussion Leader) First Program Committee: Jane Berg (ECU) Tim Jordan (UNCW) Clayton Cooke (ASU) Ernie Murphrey (NCSU) Jeff Davies (UNC-GA) Scott Hummel (NCA&T)
|1986||ASU||(First Semi-Annual Conference; November)|
|1988||UNCA & WCU||(First Annual Spring Conference)|
|1990||NCSU||(Held in Dec. because of budget crisis)|
|1992||UNCC||(Spring conferences resume)|
|1996||UNC||First “FRS” Conference (Previously, “IA”)|
|2003||ASU||First UNC Financial Systems Conf. (from “UNC FRS”)|
|2009||ECSU||CANCELED due to budget constraints|
|2010||ECSU/NC STATE||held at McKimmon Center, Raleigh – budget constraints|
|2011||UNCW||CANCELED due to budget constraints|
|2012||WSSU||held at McKimmon Center, Raleigh|
|2013||UNCC||Held in Charlotte|
|2014||UNCW||Held in Wilmington|
|2015||ASU,UNCA,WCU||Held in Ashville|
|2016||UNCP, FSU. UNC-SO||Held in Fayetteville|
|2017||UNCSA, WSSU||Held in Winston Salem|
|2018||UNC-Chapel Hill||Durham, NC Sheraton|
|2019||ECU||Greenville Convention Center|
|2020||NCA&T & UNCG|
|2021||NCSU & NCCU|